Walk In Cooler For Sale and Freezer For Sale in Phoenix, AZ
We build custom sized walk-in coolers and freezer for restaurants, grocery stores, commercial kitchens and bars.
Price depends on size and cooling needs.
Estimates Are Free. Call or Text (602) 301-0653
Walk-In Cooler Buyer Guide
Storing perishable goods efficiently and safely is a challenge for many businesses. Whether you’re in the retail, pharmaceutical, or food industry, the walk-in cooler and walk in freezer have emerged as the go-to solutions. At a glance, these two might seem identical, but they cater to different storage needs. Let’s delve deeper into their features, benefits and how to choose the right one for your business.
Understanding Walk-In Coolers (Used Walk-In Cooler & Walk-In Refrigerator)
A walk-in cooler, often referred to as a walk-in refrigerator, is a spacious, refrigerated storage unit designed to keep perishable goods at a consistent and cool temperature. Here’s what you need to know:
- Walk In Cooler Temperature Zones: These coolers typically have two distinct temperature zones.
- Zone 1: Ranges between 34°F and 54°F, making it ideal for products with a shorter shelf-life.
- Zone 2: Maintains temperatures between -2°C and 5°C, suitable for items that need to be stored just below freezing or those that will be used within a few weeks.
- Storage Items: Perfect for fresh produce, dairy products, and other perishables that don’t require freezing.
- Customization: One of the standout features of walk-in coolers is their adaptability. Depending on your business needs, you can customize their size, shelving options, and even door placements.
Understanding the Walk-In Freezer
Walk-in freezers are designed to store items that must be kept at much colder temperatures, typically ranging from -12°C to -22°C. Here’s a closer look:
- Storage Items: They’re the preferred choice for frozen goods such as meats, seafood, frozen vegetables, and desserts.
- Customization: Like the coolers, these freezers can be tailored to fit the specific demands of your business, from size to shelving configurations.
Walk In Cooler & Freezer Insulation and Build
Given the colder temperatures they need to maintain, walk-in freezers are constructed with more robust insulation. They often feature thicker walls, floors, and ceilings than coolers, ensuring the cold is retained efficiently.
Due to the enhanced insulation, more powerful cooling systems, and additional components, walk-in freezers generally come with a higher price tag than coolers. They also tend to consume more energy, given the need to maintain sub-zero temperatures.
Why Choose a Walk-In Cooler For Sale Over a Free-Standing? Benefits Galore!
Both walk-in coolers and freezers offer a plethora of advantages:
- Safety and Shelf-life: They ensure food remains fresh for longer, enhancing food safety standards.
- Accessibility: Designed to maximize space, their layouts can be customized for easy movement and efficient product handling.
- Space-Efficient Storage: These walk-in systems save space compared to multiple standalone units. Their customizable nature means you can design shelving and racking systems that best suit your inventory needs.
- Energy Efficiency: With the right components, walk-in units can be more energy-efficient than their standalone counterparts, offering potential savings on energy bills.
Choosing the Right Walk In Cooler
Your decision between a cooler or freezer largely depends on the nature of goods you store. Fresh produce and dairy products are best stored in coolers, while frozen goods necessitate a freezer.
Why Choose a Walk In Cooler or Freezer From Us?
NewRestaurantEquipment.com is at the forefront of refrigeration and cooling solutions. Our experienced team is equipped to design everything from compact cold rooms to expansive warehouses tailored to your requirements. If you’re considering upgrading your storage solutions or need more insights, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’re here to guide you every step of the way. Call or text (602) 301-0653.
If you’re looking for walk-in cooler repair in Phoenix, checkout: PHXCommercialRefrigeration.com